What’s Passbook and what is PassRocket?
Passbook is a free application coming in the new release of iOS6. It will organise all your loyalty cards, coupons, concert tickets, movie passes, airline tickets -and eventually- it could replace your wallet. Passbook is a simple solution for loyalty cards.
PassRocket is an easy way for Retailers and businesses to get onboard Passbook.
What do I need to get started?
An iPod touch or iPhone
Request an invite for the PassRocket app to design your businesses loyalty card and scan customers barcodes.
How does it work?
1. You design your own loyalty card for free
2. We send you a link assigned to your store and loyalty card
3. Your customer opens this link on their iPhone and your loyalty card is in their Passbook application
4. When your customer is walking past your store, they get a notification on their iPhone about the discount voucher from your store (it disappears again, so it’s not annoying)
5. Your customer comes into your store to use their discount voucher
6. Scan the unique barcode on their loyalty card (with an iPod touch or iPhone scanning application)
How much does it cost?
The basic service (scanning loyalty cards) is free within reasonable usage (up to 1000 scans a month). We want you to test it out and see whether it works for your company. If it does and you have lots of subscribers, then we’ll start working together. Until then, you can test and trial it for free with your customers.
What are the risks?
Passbook only runs on the iPhone or iPod touch with the newest software. It’s important to note, older phones can also download the newest software.
You will need an iPhone or iPod touch to scan your customers barcodes. The scanner is just another app, so you don’t need a new device specifically for scanning – it could be the same device you use for music in your store.
Why is it worth changing to Passbook?
Passbook brings customers into your store
(Passbook notifies your customers about the discount or sale in your store when they are in the proximity of your shop. Not in an irritating way though – it disappears if they choose to walk past).
Analytics for your business
(We collect useful analytics on your customers in a simple format to help you determine better engagement strategies and improve your business).
Simple for your customers
(Your customers can’t lose the vouchers. Scanning speeds up purchases and provides an easy, positive customer experience).
Passbook is brand new
(We think it’s great being part of new technology as it evolves, helping determine and reach it’s potential).